Perth’s leading tenant representation and corporate real estate advisory practice, with over 25 years advising organisations on the benefits and potential risks associated with commercial real estate strategy, procurement, management and disposal.
Leading Tenant Representative & Corporate Real Estate Professional
Bret is one of Perth’s most experienced occupier advocates and corporate real estate advisors. With over 25 years of continuous experience in the strategy development, implementation and management of commercial real estate outcomes for occupiers, you know you’re in safe hands.
His career has included seven years in Asia, five years in Sydney and over seventeen years in Perth, including the establishment and management of JLL and Knight Frank’s corporate real estate divisions in Western Australia.
Most recently, Bret was selected as a Partner of Knight Frank, and subsequently Account Director for one of Western Australia’s most innovative organisations, Woodside Energy, with Cushman & Wakefield.
Factorre was established as the capstone in Bret’s career. Formed in recognition of the void in quality corporate real estate advisor available to the full spectrum of Western Australian businesses, whether they be ASX 100 or startup businesses.
Bret’s key engagements throughout his career include the following:
- Sourcing and leasehold acquisition of 9,200sqm for Wood plc at 240 St Georges Terrace, including coordination of the real estate and workplace outcomes of the merger of Amec Foster Wheeler and Wood Group during the process.
- Leasehold renegotiation of existing 8,500sqm lease at Bunbury Tower on behalf of the Department of Finance (WA).
- Strategic development and management of campaign for the redevelopment of the John Tonkin Water Centre in Leederville (2.0Ha)
- Commercial Real Estate advisor to LandCorp for the development and commercialisation of The Quarter, a 6,500sqm commercial office development in Karratha, Western Australia.
- Preparation of building and management of the transition (Facility Management, Workplace and Mail) of over 2,500 personnel into the 60,000sqm Mia Yellagonga campus for Woodside Energy Ltd.
But not all engagements are “apex” engagements. Bret is equally proud of the smaller engagements (in size) but demonstrating significantly positive outcomes for clients, including:
- 1,490sqm leasehold acquisition for global engineering firm Arup whilst challenging their pre-established beliefs, yet resulting in an outcome that is regarded as one of Arup’s premium locations Australia-wide.
- Sourcing and acquisition of 2,200sqm for Empired Ltd as their global HQ – one of Perth’s IT success stories.
- Repeat work for Wood plc / Wood Group as they developed their presence in Western Australia, including their 4,600sqm office in Murray Street, followed by the 9,200sqm office in 240 nine years later.
- Negotiation of the expansion of one of Perth’s co-working success stories, Spacecubed – doubling their footprint within 45 St Georges Terrace to over 4,500sqm.
Bret is an active member of the following key organisations in Western Australia.
To make an appointment with Bret to discuss your real estate needs, please hit the link below.
When you partner with Factorre, you are safe in the knowledge that the firm’s Principal has over 25 years experience in the development and execution of Corporate Real Estate Strategy and Tenant Representation across all sectors.
A selection of the clients that Bret Madden has worked with in his career include the following:
240 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA
Sourcing and leasehold acquisition of 9,200sqm for the Asia Pacific regional HQ of Wood plc.
Circular Quay, Sydney NSW
Strategic facility planning of Circular Quay accommodation strategy (100,000sqm).
Government of Western Australia
Multiple engagements including the renegotiation of 8,500sqm (Bunbury Tower), Peel regional accommodation strategy and many others.
11 Mount Street, Perth WA
Integrated facility management and workplace management of 54,000sqm inner city campus, including transition of 3,000+ staff and service providers upon initial occupation during Aug-Oct 2018.
Leasehold acquisition and National Executive due diligence for 471sqm for the Fremantle offices of RSM.
Exchange Tower, Perth, WA
Sourcing and leasehold acquisition of 1,499sqm for WA Corporate Offices of global engineering leader.
Corporate Real Estate and Strategic Development Advisory for John Tonkin Water Centre in Leederville.
235 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA
Sourcing, site selection and negotiation of 2,200sqm for Western Australian corporate HQ.
Sourcing and leasehold acquisition of 2,094sqm for global HQ of IT Services Company.
1 William Street, Perth WA
Sourcing, site selection and negotiation of 1,090sqm for Western Australian corporate HQ.
West Perth WA
Full market search and competitive renegotiation of IBM Australia West Perth lease.
Suntec City, Singapore
Strategic facility planning of Singaporean operations.
Singapore, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Kuala Lumpur
Sourcing, leasehold acquisition and project management for Microsoft throughout Asia Pacific.
North Sydney, NSW
Sourcing, assessment and project management of 2,200sqm North Sydney and Silverwater premises.
Asia Pacific (ex Singapore)
Strategic facility and portfolio analysis pan Asia.
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Sourcing, negotiation and project management of HQ of Malaysian national power supplier.